twitter




Friday, November 6, 2009

What flowers bloom in August in Zone 5?

I live in Eastern Ontario and I was wondering what flowers will be in bloom around the 5th of August. My grandmother is getting married and I wanted to make the boquet out of flowers from mine or my mother's gardens. Thanks!

What flowers bloom in August in Zone 5?
Regardless of what flowers in your garden, don't overlook beautiful foliage. I often make a bouquet of ferns, sago palm, long blades of grass, seedheads; just walk around and see what looks unblemished. Green is beautiful. Makes a great vase of different shades of green.
Reply:I'm in Chicago - in early August the big new bloomers are the large Hydrangeas and the Rose of Sharons. I have a 20 foot long, 10 foot high wall of pink, white and lavender. They make beautiful bouquets - the hydrangeas dry to pretty, subtle colors of rose, green and beige and look beautiful as dried arrangements in the winter.



loan

No comments:

Post a Comment