twitter




Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Can leaving Roses and other flowers in 15 degree weather?

I want to leave a bunch of flowers outside my girls door one night so she will get them when she wakes up. I am leaving for the army soon so I need to do it soon. It is getting down to about 15-20 degrees F at night. Will anything bad happen to the flowers in this cold?


I can put a hand warmer pack in the water to keep it warm if that would help.


Any other advice?


What flowers go together really good? What is your favorite kind of flower?





http://www.dickssportinggoods.com/produc...

Can leaving Roses and other flowers in 15 degree weather?
It would be best if you left them on her doorstep in a box rather than a vase of water. The hand warmer could get the water too hot and kill the flowers before she can see them. A flower box will give them shelter and keep any frost off of them. When it gets to freezing and my plants can't take those temps, I just cover them in a towel or cotton sheet to keep the heat down on them and prevent frost from killing them. I love yellow, white and red roses, lillies, tulips, irises, orchids, snapdragons or a combination of any or all of them. They go great together.



loan

No comments:

Post a Comment